Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Lightning bugs and summer nights

Sometimes you have to stop. Just stop and see what's around you, have you ever had a moment where all the sudden you were right there? In that moment, not worried about what happened today or what's going to happen tomorrow?
I have those a lot.
Tonight I was sitting on the porch swing watching my girl running around the yard with her best friend catching lightning bugs. I don't think I'll ever forget​ it. The smell of petunias potted up on the porch, the slight breeze sorta pushing the heat of the day to the side and bringing that night smell with it. The sound of them laughing. Really laughing. Not at a joke, or a cute meme, but at the pure joy of running and catching those tiny, green,  magical lights. Right then there was nothing wrong in the world.
  Ahhh I'm becoming one of those old sentimental souls, but I'm ok with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment